In some countries the taxes are changing this year. This short post will show how to add the new taxes in GrandTotal.
- Go to Preferences/Taxes and hit the “Edit…” button below the right table
- Add a new rule, call it something like “From 2012″ and close the sheet
- Then add the correct values for each of your clients groups
- Move to Preferences/Item Groups
- Assign the new tax to all corresponding item groups
If you have 2 or more tax rates, repeat the steps for all of them
I most countries the law does not allow to change an invoice after has been sent. This is why only payments that have been added *before* sending an invoice are deducted from the total amount
If you like to send a Receipt after each payment: Go to the “+ Documents” section of the invoice. The Default type is a Reminder but you can can setup a Receipt in the settings icon on the bottom. Once setup, you can add payments and then send your client a Receipt.