Apple is expected to release its next big OS X Update later this month.
Some older versions will no longer work due to changes in OS made by Apple.
Before upgrading please check the compatibility table if the versions you have installed are still running under 10.10.
Download latest versions:
GrandTotal 3.2 comes with a lot of small improvements and fixes.
There is a new subject field for documents now. This can be used to label documents (E.g. in case you don’t want to create project folders).
The placeholder for the layouts is <document.subject/>. In addition you may also use <document.projectOrSubject/> placeholder that takes the project name if available and the subject otherwise.
If you are using the sync feature you have to update all your Macs to the new version. Otherwise the sync will be aborted automatically by older versions that can’t handle the subject field yet.
In addition following changes have been made:
- Added: Project and Reference to smart lists
- Added: Support for MailMate
- Added: Usage menu to show where Layouts are used
- Added: Support for Timings 2. (You can apply for beta on the right of this post)
- Improved: Dutch localization
- Improved: Spanish localization
- Improved: Italian translation
- Improved: Editing and deleting multiple catalog items
- Improved: CSV Export
- Improved: Support for currencies without decimals
- Improved: Original send date is now remembered when resending an unlocked document
- Improved: Reference is now shown in overview
- Improved: Template documents respect the client’s currency
- Improved: Help
- Updated: French taxes for 2014
- Fixed: Introduction is copied from templates
- Fixed: A crash when pasting items
- Fixed: Minor issues
Sending data out:
Bringing data in:
Timings: When installed on the same machine, Timings entries will appear in the overview.
mite.yo.lk: Login to mite in GrandTotal/Preferences/Work time. Mite items will show up in the overview.
MoneyMoney 2.x: In Money Money use the “Accounts/Send transaction to GrandTotal” menu
Merlin: In Merlin use the “File/Send To” menu.
GrandTotal checks for your default mail client (You can set this in Apple Mails Preferences).
If this client is supported the mails will be created using this application. Otherwise Apple Mail will be used.
Today GrandTotal 3 has been released.
GrandTotal 3 has been rewritten from the ground up in order to fulfill the most popular feature requests such as syncing.
Almost every existing feature has been cleaned up and simplifed for a better user experience.
Here a short list of the most important changes:
- Improved interface
- Full retina support
- Sync over dropbox
- Improved overall speed
- Instant preview
- Copy/Paste almost everywhere
- Template documents
- Project folders
There were some complaints when GrandTotal 2 was offered by the updater automatically last time.
GrandTotal 3 will be a manual download for this reason.
Download it here: GrandTotal 3
I have been working on GrandTotal 3 during the last nine Months.
Some days ago it has been deployed to my alpha testers.
As soon it prooves to be stable for regular use I will start a private beta.
If you are willing to participate, please fill out this http://mediaatelier.com/GrandTotal3
Update: Beta list is closed.
In some countries the taxes are changing this year. This short post will show how to add the new taxes in GrandTotal.
- Go to Preferences/Taxes and hit the “Edit…” button below the right table
- Add a new rule, call it something like “From 2012″ and close the sheet
- Then add the correct values for each of your clients groups
- Move to Preferences/Item Groups
- Assign the new tax to all corresponding item groups
If you have 2 or more tax rates, repeat the steps for all of them
I most countries the law does not allow to change an invoice after has been sent. This is why only payments that have been added *before* sending an invoice are deducted from the total amount
If you like to send a Receipt after each payment: Go to the “+ Documents” section of the invoice. The Default type is a Reminder but you can can setup a Receipt in the settings icon on the bottom. Once setup, you can add payments and then send your client a Receipt.